In setting featured image or thumbnail to your post or page, simply Add or Edit your post or page then click Set Featured Image link at the right section of editor area as shown below.
After clicking the link, you will be asked to upload an image from your computer. After uploading the image, select the uploaded image ( left ) then click the Use as feature image button ( lower right ) as shown below and the theme will automatically assigned it as a thumbnail.
In case your having issues with the thumbnails such as not appearing or appears broken then check and make sure your images are:
- Images you’re trying to use are hosted on the same domain that your site is or uploaded directly from your computer and not a link to other site.
- Images you’re trying to use are not larger than 2.5mb
If above met and the issue persist then try these workaround to troubleshoot images issues.
- Login to your hosting control panel and proceed to file manager where you can browse all site files.
- In your WordPress directory, locate /wp-content/themes/THEME NAME/cache directory.
- Change or set the permission of the directory ( CHMOD ) to 755
- Open the timthumb.php file inside the purchased theme directory.
- Find the code below ..
if(! defined('FILE_CACHE_DIRECTORY') ) define ('FILE_CACHE_DIRECTORY', './cache');
- Replace it with ..
if(! defined('FILE_CACHE_DIRECTORY') ) define ('FILE_CACHE_DIRECTORY', '');
Appearance → Theme Options → Thumbnail Settings then under Resizing method, select WordPress In-Built Resizer instead of Timthumb method then save changes.